McLean Fearn Gallant Financial Services Inc. prides itself on being Financial Planners offering holistic advice during various stages of a client’s life. This could be during the accumulation phase while saving for retirement, the payout phase when at retirement and fulfilling strategies to mitigate risks such as market volatility, and living beyond your “normal” life expectancy. We will also analyze insurance risks.
Clients receive a comprehensive financial plan to get a perspective based on what stage they are at with their retirement goals. These comprehensive financial plans also help those in the retirement stage to start a conversation on cash flow and what to expect for income during their retirement.
- Please see planning services below
- Investment funds can be complicated and are usually more than what meets the eye. It is our job as planners to take the time necessary to analyse these intricacies to ensure your portfolio meets your needs, risk tolerance and overall strategy. Every portfolio whether it is currently managed through our office or through another financial institution, receives a complimentary report breaking down all of the necessary factors to properly plan for you either before retirement, while in the accumulation phase or during retirement while in the payout phase.
- As a Chartered Financial Divorce Specialist, our firm is able to assist clients in understanding their financial situation and the process when separating or divorcing. We provide education regarding the financial aspects of income, asset division, debt management, tax concerns and cash flow challenges to improve the long term impact of financial choices during this life changing moment. The use of projections and analytical tools to reveal the implications of choices being considered that affect tax costs, inflation, growth, and cash flow for both today and the years ahead provide clients with the information they need to be comfortable with their decisions.
- Directly or indirectly, almost every financial decision you make involves taxes. Borrowing to invest, income splitting, investing through your holding company and funding a child’s education just to name a few all have one thing in common - they all relate to some sort of tax planning. It is our responsibility to create a plan in the most tax efficient manner possible. These strategies can involve tax preferred investment vehicles, insurance contracts, to even collaborating with your accountant so that everyone is working together to ensure your financial well-being.
- There are many reasons to purchase insurance such as income replacement, final expenses, liability protection, estate planning and personal income protection to name a few. After an initial meeting where we can properly assess your needs, we will make a recommendation that works for you that will also fit your budget and financial commitment. Looking after your NEED is our main priority and from there we will find the product to suit that. Also, as a complimentary service, we will analyze your current insurance portfolio to assess if it is still viable for your current situation and make any necessary recommendations regarding that. Remember, life insurance isn’t the only protection you need. Critical Illness, Long Term Disability and Health Insurance are an integral piece for any successful financial plan.
- Estate planning is the process that determines what happens to your assets at time of death. Having a well thought out process will put you at ease but will also help your beneficiaries and executor when the time does come to implement your final wishes. This is integral to a well thought out financial plan and an important pillar of managing your wealth. A common theme to a well thought out estate plan is properly managing the terminal taxes. Our firm will make recommendations to reduce the tax consequences on death.
- Financial planning is more than a perfect investment strategy. It is a process that will place you on the right track toward achieving your long term goals by utilizing all of the strategies and planning processes we have in place. It is our experience that those who implement and follow a comprehensive financial plan, tend to be more successful with their retirement and savings goals. Our firm has the accreditation of a Certified Financial Planner Designation granted by the Financial Planning Standards Council (only 5% of Atlantic Canadian Planners are granted this Professional), a Master Financial Advisor designation, A Chartered Financial Divorce Specialist, and a Certified Professional Consultant on Aging Specialist. With these skill sets and over 55 years of combined experience, this will provide you with the comfort you need to entrust us with your financial well-being.
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP)
- Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF)
- LIRA (Locked In Retirement Account)
- LIF (Locked-In Income Fund)
- Non-Registered Accounts
- Tax Free Savings Account (TFSA)
- Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP)
- Corporate Investment Accounts
- Guaranteed Investment Certificates
- Group Pension Plans
- Individual Pension Plan (IPP) m.Guaranteed Income Products
- Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Mortgage Protection
- Travel Insurance
- Cancer Insurance
- Group Life and Health Insurance
- Creditor Insurance
- Guaranteed/Simplified Insurance Product
- Fraud and Scam Protection
- Corporate Buy Sell Insurance Funding
- Overhead Expense Protection
TOGETHER, McLean Fearn Gallant Financial Services Inc. has over 50 years of experience along with exceptional industry experience and designations of the highest order.
Generally, most of the services we provide are complimentary with the exception of divorce planning through our Chartered Financial Divorce Specialist. If after considering our recommendations, you decide to implement our offering, the financial institutions we deal with may pay us compensation or renewal fees for providing ongoing advice and service.
No. Our objective is to work with clients on a long term basis throughout their many life changes, whether you are new to investing and at the beginning of your investment cycle or are at retirement looking for the best advice to manage your income need.
Yes. Every company we choose to do business with must meet certain capital requirements which are regulated by our federal government. These capital requirements are tested to ensure they meet the necessary target set out by the regulator. Along with this, each insurance company that we represent is a member of Assuris. Assuris is a non- profit organization that protects Canadian policyholders if their life insurance company should fail.
Nothing essentially happens. This is because your investments and insurance are directly held with the insurance company. We are the broker between you and the insurance company. If operations did cease, another advisor would be appointed to service your needs.
It means that we are not affiliated with any one company. We have the luxury of working with virtually all of the insurance companies in the market place. This is great benefit for our clients, as we have access to all products and services with no financial ties to any one financial institution.